Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I deserve my reputation

If you're reading this, you are someone who knows that technology and I are not the best of friends. Okay, let me rephrase that- returning messages/checking messages/remembering my password/remembering my email address - I am not known for any of these things. However, I have turned over a new leaf, and am doing my best to be a responsible correspondant. This blog is intended to keep me current, keep me using the world wide web, remind me to check my email, etc. etc. etc. It's also here so if I fall off the wagon, at least you'll
a.) be able to see what current drama I have embroiled myself in/created
b.) be able to spy on me without me even knowing it, thus keeping up to date with me and still punishing me by not letting me know you care...
(But you don't really want to punish me, do you? Post me a comment and guilt me into sending you a nice fat personal email.)

Truly, people, let's be honest here. We are all very busy individuals. I make negative $5 an hour, and I still manage to be very busy. You all have jobs, go to school, and lead full and varied social lives. Do you have time to write out the details of your weekend to every friend you have? Of course not! No one does. So here's my proposal- if you want to know all the details of my day to day dramas, read this blog. That way, I don't feel like I have pressured you to read pages of hyperbole, and you can read at your leisure. You can always ask ask for the really juicy details if you want more. There is also no pressure to write me back a nice long email, because you might be to busy at the moment. I lose touch with a lot of people, and it makes me sad. I miss you all, and I think about you more than you know. If you had blogs and sent me the address, I would read them every day. (Hey- there's an idea...) Anyway, the point is that there can be weirdness if I email you , and you email me, and then I forget to email you back... for 3 months.... then I feel weird about emailing you, and it just compounds into this huge weird ...thing. And I am tired of that. So here it is- I am here, in the vagueness that is cyberspace. If I have lost touch with you, post a response, or email me a short message, and I will write you a big juicy email back. It is no pressure!!!! The one thing you learn about living in Gainesville is that everybody moves away. So let's stay in touch, and please pretty please allow me to redeem myself. I am worth it! (I hope!)

2 comments:

kimberlina said...

meaghan. you rock so hardcore. i am totally going to blog stalk you!

Meaghan said...

blog stalking could be the new email...