Thursday, October 13, 2005

grey day

For the past couple days, Gainesville has not seen sunshine. It's a soft cool grey outside, and I like it. It almost matches my mood- but maybe my mood is more hurricane and overcast. I am frustrated by teaching, depressed about being home alone all day, and REALLY tempted by the thought of a salaried job. I know that teaching is salaried, but it just doesn't seem worth it. Am I a job snob? (Absolutely). However, I don't think that having high standards is a problem. I have never been good at settling, and if I am going to spend 40+ hours a week doing something, shouldn't it be something worthwhile, something you can be passionate about? Kim Dunkle says good luck. Maybe I'll try to get passionate about answer phones or filing.

I am up to my ears in Halloween costumes- rapunzel, power ranger, lion, skunk. Maybe Captain Hook and Peter Pan too. It is satisfying to do costumes. There is no perfection involved, and there is a definite finished product.

I have discovered ebay, and the fact that you can order fabric on it. Wow. What a great country, right? (let's ignore the fact that I am currently bidding on no longer printed fabric for 12+ a yard, that retailed originally for 8.50. supply and demand at work.)

I was thinking about trying to find some chocolate, but I don't think that there is any chocolate strong enough for my mood.

currently reading: Charlotte, by Julia Barrett (recreation of an old Austen manuscript- supposedly)

Back to the Bedroom, by Janet Evanovich (crappppp romance, on cd. the plot is sooooooooo predictable, and I'm only on -CRAP. Craig turned my cd player off. now I've got to find my place. At least it's so painfuly banal that I can read a pattern while listening to it. Ha! "It had nothing to do with the fact that her complexion was flawless". )

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

hello my nutmeg -

i know how you're feeling. i hate jobs, too. why can't we work at borders or michael's and get paid $40 an hour? is that asking for too much in life? *sigh*

i hope i can see you around halloween! *crosses fingers*