Tuesday, October 16, 2007

180- Farts are Funny

So this is what happens when you don't post for almost a year. I am a mother. With a baby. (seemingly obvious connection, but surprisingly still a little bit shocking.) A mother whose baby is sleeping through the night- or at least, slept through last night. And I thought this day would never come.

The last thing I thought I would have time to do is blog, but as I must stay up till midnight to pump (until I can make other arrangements), I find I have lots of time on my hands, without the brainpower to do anything requiring great mental coordination.

Junie just farted. I have resigned myself to the fact that now two out of three people in my house will openly find farting funny for the rest of my life, and I give in. Sometimes, farts are funny. Ok, most of the time farts are funny. Especially chihuahua farts. (She was at the back door, ringing the bell to go out, so I will count that as an "excuse me".)

Is "fart" a socially acceptable word? What should Owen learn to call them? Why isn't there a better manual out there?

No comments: